The first round of our second Premium Members cup competition of 2021/22 took place in Gameweek 31, with round two following hot on its heels in Gameweek 32.
A total of £300-worth of prizes is on offer as usual in this tournament, with a full breakdown towards the bottom of this article.
RESULTS AND DRAW
The results for the first round can be viewed here
The draw for the second round can be viewed here.
Our two former winners had mixed fortunes in round one.
Mohd Rodzi (2,355th) saw off the Chaser (870,302nd) – who was the sixth-lowest-ranked manager who made it through qualifying – by four points in round one, but Scrumper (4,927th) was defeated 59-43 by Cheese pizza (30,991st).
There were six managers who were within the top 1k heading into round one, including our very own Az (685th) – but he was seen off by BC1 (351,957th).
Our highest-ranked boss, AJ (322nd), had no such upset, defeating Firminooooo (67,974th) in Gameweek 31.
Peteski29 (636th) UNDEADLIBRARY (607th) avoided a shock exit but Bend It Like Bennett (1,826th) and Bencaraway (1,355th) departed, falling out of the top 1k in the process.
Shuddhaddum (5,615,082), aka the Great and the Good’s Les Caldwell, was the lowest-ranked manager in the competition – owing much to a Gameweek 20 hack – and the unlucky Les was eliminated as a result of his lowly overall rank after a 61-all draw with Ayew Shaw? (82,794th).
BAMBAA (6,488th) v Hobo (12,751st) was our only all-top-10k clash in the first round, although Hobo lost his four-figure rank as well the tie.
Wolfs42‘s score of 86 was the best of round one.
In round two, we have another all-top-10k clash featuring UNDEADLIBRARY and N@th (7,085th).
sledger (73,063rd) v baylo32 (708,009th) is our biggest mismatch in terms of rank difference.
zvi_green (204,919th) is the next manager tasked with stopping the high-flying AJ
HOW DO THE CUP COMPETITIONS WORK?
The FFS Cup is very similar to the Fantasy Premier League’s own cup game.
Entrants who qualify for the first round were randomly drawn against each other and the winner of the tie is whoever has the highest score from that Gameweek, minus points spent on transfers (like in the original game and in head-to-head scores).
In the event of a draw, the manager highest in the overall FPL rankings after the tie will progress.
WHAT IS THE GAMEWEEK SCHEDULE?
The FFS Cup competition will be played out according to the following proposed Gameweek schedule:
Qualifying – Gameweek 30 Round 1 – Gameweek 31
- Round 2 – Gameweek 32
- Round 3 – Gameweek 33
- Round 4 – Gameweek 34
- Round 5 – Gameweek 35
- Quarter-Final – Gameweek 36
- Semi-Finals – Gameweek 37
- Final and third place play-off – Gameweek 38
WHEN ARE THE FIXTURES RELEASED?
Where possible, the fixture list for each round will be published before each Gameweek deadline.
The prizes for the FFS Cup is as follows:
1st Place: £150 Amazon voucher
2nd Place: £100 Amazon voucher
3rd Place: £50 Amazon voucher
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive season ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyze players head-to-head.
ALREADY A USER? CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE YOUR FREE ACCOUNT
NEW TO SCOUT? CLICK HERE TO START A MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT