Sponsored by CLUB
We’ve again selected our pick of the players from the weekend’s matches across Europe’s top five leagues.
This recurring feature is brought to you in association with CLUB, a new free-to-play mobile Fantasy game that allows football fans to create, build and sell their own digital football club and step in the shoes of a Club Owner (CO).
It combines the thrill of Fantasy Football with the strategy and excitement of club-building, available on iOS and Android.
Uniquely, you’ll be able to choose players from Europe’s top five leagues and they’ll score you points based not only on their performances in domestic leagues but also in European competitions too.
REGISTER FOR CLUB HERE
How Do I Play CLUB?
Like all the Fantasy games we know and love, CLUB users pick real players and score points based on their real-world performances.
CLUB takes it to another level in their next-generation Fantasy Football game, however:
- Choose players from Europe’s top five leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga) and follow their fortunes into both the UEFA Europa League and Champions League.
- The intuitive scoring system reflects what you see on the pitch. For example, an N’Golo Kante masterclass with no goals or assists would still see him score competitively.
- Squads use real formations and realistic player roles, so you can’t have four left-backs in your defence. These will reflect the real-world positions that a player is capable of playing. So, for instance, Mohamed Salah could be a forward or a depending on how you choose to play him.
- Initially you’ll be selecting a team from the Premier League, with a limited budget and tough choices to make. You might start with a star or two but you’ll have to grow your club, spot talent and earn money and work towards a dream team which can eventually include all of the top stars across Europe!
- You can grow your budget by climbing the league rankings, winning cup competitions or growing your club’s infrastructure via facilities and sponsorships.
- CLUB’s dynamic transfer market sees player prices fluctuate based on their effective ownership (EO). With five leagues’ worth of star players, teams should theoretically be less ‘template’.
SCOUT’S BEST XI FROM LAST WEEKEND
GK – Jonas Omlin (Montpellier)
Starting with Ligue 1, the Montpellier shotstopper faced 25 shots against Bordeaux – 11 of which were on target – yet managed to escape with a 2-0 victory. WhoScored gave him a 10.0 rating, with FotMob going with 9.4.
DEF – Ronald Araujo (Barcelona)
Barcelona’s resurgence under Xavi continued with a remarkable 4-0 El Clasico win. They reached this score after just 51 minutes and part of this stunning win over league leaders Real Madrid was the performance of 23-year-old center-back Ronald Araujo. He scored the second goal and kept a clean sheet.
DEF – Niklas Stark (Hertha Berlin)
Another defender to succeed at both ends of the pitch was Hertha Berlin’s Niklas Stark. The 3-0 win over in-form Hoffenheim was a great start to life under new head coach Felix Magath.
DEF – Moussa Niakhate (Mainz)
Elsewhere in Germany, Mainz center-back Moussa Niakhate bagged a goal and clean sheet in a 4-0 victory against Arminia Bielefeld.
MID – Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo)
The Italy international warmed up well for the Azzurri’s crunch World Cup play-offs by netting twice in Sassuolo’s 4-1 win over Spezia.
MID – Benjamin Bourigeaud (Rennes)
Several Rennes players could have made this line-up thanks to their 6-1 crushing of Metz on Sunday. Midfielder Benjamin Bourigeaud didn’t score but did assist three of them. Rennes are currently third in Ligue 1 and in pole position to grab a Champions League spot ahead of Nice and Strasbourg.
MID – Ismael Bennacer (AC Milan)
The only goal in AC Milan’s win at Cagliari came from former Arsenal man Ismael Bennacer. It means they were able to maintain a three-point gap over second-placed Napoli. FotMob gave an 8.9 assessment, alongside 8.6 from WhoScored.
MID – Son Heung-min (Tottenham)
Overshadowed by recent teammates Harry Kane and Dejan Kulusevski in weeks, Son Heung-min took center stage during Spurs’ 3-1 win over West Ham United. Although Kane set up all three, two were scored by Son to continue their remarkable on-pitch relationship. The South Korean’s total of 15 points was the weekend’s highest in Fantasy Premier League (FPL).
FOR – Tammy Abraham (Roma)
Former Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham is having a great time in Serie A and this continued when scoring twice in the Rome derby. He is already on 23 goals for the season, aided by a pair in the comfortable 3-0 win over Lazio.
FOR – Serhou Guirassy (Rennes)
It would be harsh to miss out on dates when you’ve secured a hat-trick, so Serhou Guirassy is the second Rennes man to make this XI. In fact, Martin Terrier could count himself unlucky to miss out, as he scored two himself.
FOR – Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Barcelona)
Similarly, Ousmane Dembele and Ferran Torres failed to make the cut despite helping Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang tear Real Madrid apart. New at the Nou Camp, he pipped his strike partners by netting twice and assisting one other. A fantastic, emphatic win to escalate Xavi’s great homecoming.
Future players can now become a Founding Club Owner, giving you a low club number, access to the early access beta plus plenty more rewards.
Head over to the CLUB game app to secure one of their 20,000 Founding Clubs before they go.
REGISTER FOR CLUB HERE
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive season ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyze players head-to-head.
ALREADY A USER? CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE YOUR FREE ACCOUNT
NEW TO SCOUT? CLICK HERE TO START A MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT