The dust has barely settled on the 2021/22 Fantasy Premier League (FPL) campaign but before you know it, we’ll soon have our minds on next season – if they’re not already.
The current period of downtime will probably only last until the middle of June, when the 2022/23 Premier League fixtures will be released, the transfer reopen windows and FPL is likely to release.
Here we look at a few key dates for FPL managers over the summer.
WHEN DOES THE TRANSFER WINDOW OPEN?
The transfer window opens for Premier League clubs on Friday 10 June.
Most pre-agreed international deals will go through from Friday 1 July, however. Such moves include Erling Haaland’s much-discussed transfer from Borussia Dortmund to Manchester City.
Transfer deadline day will be on Thursday 1 September.
WHEN ARE THE PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURES OUT?
The Premier League fixtures are released on Thursday 16 June at 9am BST.
WHEN DOES FPL 2022/23 START?
The million-dollar question and the one we’re all waiting for an answer to.
FPL launch day has been getting earlier and earlier every year, with the exception of that anomalous 2020/21 which campaign kicked off in September.
Here are the launch dates for previous seasons:
|Season||Launch Date||Launch Date – Days Before Start of Season|
The reasons for an earlier launch are obvious from FPL’s perspective – more time live means more clicks – so there is no reason to think it’ll be any different this season, unless Any mooted changes to the game come to fruition and require longer to develop.
A similar, 51-day gap between FPL launch date and the Premier League kick-off this time around would give us an estimated relaunch of Wednesday 15 June; that is perhaps optimism as it is a mere three weeks away.
Player price releases often precede the game’s launch, of course. Last season, we got a drip-feed of prices from three days before the June 23 refresh.
WHEN DOES THE 2022/23 PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON START?
The 2022/23 Premier League season is scheduled to get underway on the weekend of Saturday 6 Augustalthough there’s often a televised match on the Friday night before that.
The English top-flight teams will contest 16 fixtures up until the weekend of Saturday 12 November, pausing for the winter World Cup in Qatar.
Domestic action will return on Monday 26 Decembereight days after the World Cup finishes.
Gameweek 38 will be contested on Sunday 28 May.
OTHER NOTABLE DATES THIS SUMMER
- Saturday 28 May: UEFA Champions League final, Liverpool v Real Madrid
- Sunday 29 May: Championship play-off final, Huddersfield Town v Nottingham Forest
- Wednesday 1 June-Tuesday 14 June: World Cup qualifying, UEFA Nations League, international friends
- Saturday 9 July: Pre-season friendlies commence (this start date could change but currently, Aston Villa’s warm-up match against Walsall on this day is the earliest friendly arranged so far)
- Sunday 31 July: FA Community Shield, Liverpool v Manchester City
No Premier League teams will be in European club competition before the season starts.
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyze players head-to-head.
ALREADY A USER? CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE YOUR FREE ACCOUNT
NEW TO SCOUT? CLICK HERE TO START A MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT