We’ve got all the key team news and injury updates from all the Premier League pre-match press conferences ahead of Double Gameweek 37.
It’s a big round, containing 12 matches, five teams playing twice and a blank for Manchester United. Only one manager spoke to the media on Thursday – Newcastle United‘s Eddie Howe. Ralph Hasenhuttl won’t hold a presser before the deadline because Southampton aren’t in action until Tuesday.
It is currently unknown when Arsenal‘s Mikel Arteta will face the media, as the Gunners are not in action until Monday.
For much more detailed information, check out our Predicted Line-ups page and Injuries and Bans feed.
GAMEWEEK 37 TEAM NEWS – FRIDAY
Speaking ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup final against Chelsea, Jurgen Klopp only passed comment on Fabinho‘s hamstring injury. The rest of his squad is available, including Roberto Firmino (foot).
“He will definitely be back for the Champions League final, before we will see. We don’t know.” — Jurgen Klopp on Fabinho
Antonio Conte’s post-match quotes were embargoed from last night. Upon release, he has revealed that Cristian Romero missed out with a hip injury, joining Sergio Reguilon (groin), Matt Doherty (knee), Japhet Tanganga (knee) and Oliver Skipp (groin) in the treatment room.
“Sergio [Reguilon] is out and not available for the rest of the season as there are 10 days left. It’s the same for Romero, he’s not available because he received a hit on his hip at the end of the game v Liverpool.”
Additionally, Conte reassured fans that neither Son Heung-min nor Dejan Kulusevski‘s second-half substitutions were due to injury.
“I wanted to give him and Deki [Dejan Kulusevski] a bit of rest because on Sunday it will be a sporting war. So to rest players for 20 to 25 minutes was important for us.”
Dean Smith says that he will have the same squad as at Leicester City, with no new injuries. Josh Sargent (ankle), Kenny McLean (foot), Adam Idah (knee), Ozak Kabak (hamstring) and Andrew Omobamidele (back) are out for the season, with a thigh injury keeping Mathias Normann on the sides. The match against Wolves also comes too soon for Christoph Zimmermann (groin).
These are the scheduled times for today’s press conferences:
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive season ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyze players head-to-head.
ALREADY A USER? CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE YOUR FREE ACCOUNT
NEW TO SCOUT? CLICK HERE TO START A MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT