Earlier than we perhaps expected given the domestic and European cup ties still to come, the rearranged fixtures for Double Gameweeks 36 and 37 of Fantasy Premier League (FPL) have been announced.
At present, 10 clubs will have a Double Gameweek 36, with six teams playing twice in Double Gameweek 37.
But we still don’t have a new date for Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester Citythe only match still yet to be rescheduled.
It could be that the Premier League are waiting to see if City progress to the FA Cup final and/or Gameweek 37 opponents West Ham United move one step further to sealing a place in the Europa League final, as that would have a big say on when the Hammers would be able to fulfill the fixture.
Four teams are set to have ‘double doubles’ in Gameweeks 36/37: Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton and Leicester City.
GAMEWEEK 36 DOUBLES
- Arsenal: Leeds (h), Spurs (a)
- Aston Villa: Burnley (a), Liverpool (h)
- Chelsea: Wolves (h), Leeds (a)
- Everton: Leicester (a), Watford (a)
- Leeds: Arsenal (a), Chelsea (a)
- Leicester: Everton (h), Norwich (h)
- Liverpool: Spurs (h), Aston Vlla (a)
- Norwich: West Ham (h), Leicester (a)
- Spurs: Liverpool (a), Arsenal (h)
- Watford: Crystal Palace (a), Everton (h)
GAMEWEEK 37 DOUBLES
- Aston Villa: Crystal Palace (h), Burnley (h)
- Burnley: Spurs (a), Aston Villa (a)
- Chelsea: Man Utd (a), Leicester (h)
- Crystal Palace: Aston Villa (a), Everton (a)
- Everton: Brentford (h), Crystal Palace (h)
- Leicester: Watford (a), Chelsea (a)
- Manchester City will double in either Gameweek 36 or 37
- Wolves will double in either Gameweek 36 or 37
- West Ham United will either have two single Gameweeks *or* double in Gameweek 36 and blank in Gameweek 37
VISUAL OVERVIEW: GAMEWEEKS 32-38
Our Season Ticker on the home page and in our Premium Members Area has been updated to reflect the latest fixture announcement.
Wolves v Man City is not included yet.
The teams below are sorted by fixture difficulty between now and the end of 2021/22, with those with the most remaining fixtures likelier to be higher up the table.
VISUAL OVERVIEW: GAMEWEEKS 36-37
GAMEWEEK 37 IN FOCUS
Gameweek 37 is a bit of an oddity, not least because there is a Sunday deadline to avoid a clash with the FA Cup final a day earlier.
The Premier League outlined the following schedule in their announcement:
Sunday 15 May*
12:00 Spurs v Burnley (BT Sport)
14:00 Aston Villa v Crystal Palace**
14:00 Everton v Brentford
14:00 Leeds v Brighton
14:00 Watford v Leicester
14:00 Wolves v Norwich
16:30 Southampton v Liverpool (Sky Sports)**
16:30 West Ham v Man City (Sky Sports)**
TBC Man Utd v Chelsea (Sky Sports)**
* to avoid a clash with FA Cup Final on 14 May
**Subject to club participation in FA Cup final
Monday 16 May
20:00 Newcastle v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
Thursday 19 May
19:45 Everton v Crystal Palace
20:00 Aston Villa v Burnley
20:00 Chelsea v Leicester
Southampton v Liverpool will presumably move to Thursday 19 May if the Reds make it through to the FA Cup final, while we’ve discussed above the complications surrounding West Ham v Man City.
Man Utd v Chelsea will likely move to Tuesday 18 May if the Blues reach the FA Cup final (it would be the only real day to play this fixture if Thomas Tuchel’s side continue to progress in Europe). That would mean the Blues playing two league matches in the space of 48 hours, however, likely leading to much rotation.
As for Aston Villa v Crystal Palace, that too could theoretically move to Tuesday 18 May the Eagles qualify for the FA Cup final – although with neither side in Europe, that fixture could more easily be shifted to a midweek after Gameweek 34/35.
We can probably expect the next fixture announcement, featuring a new date for Wolves v Man City, soon after the weekend of April 16/17.
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive season ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyze players head-to-head.
ALREADY A USER? CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE YOUR FREE ACCOUNT
NEW TO SCOUT? CLICK HERE TO START A MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT